The Gallivant is Closed
We have temporarily closed and will reopen when the current lockdown has been lifted and it is safe to do so. If you have a booking between now and February we will contact you to re-arrange to a later date or cancel.
We are a small team so would be grateful if you wait for us to contact you.
When can I stay?
We are still taking bookings for future dates when we hope the current lockdown will be lifted. We are doing our best at responding to all enquiries but would ask you to always make a booking using our BOOK button on our website.
How do I get more information?
Being a small team, we are sometimes slightly overwhelmed by the number of telephone calls we receive and can’t answer them all immediately. If you call and it goes to answer phone please leave a message, we will call you back as soon as possible. If you have made a booking and want to speak to us about this but can’t get through, please email us here and we will respond within 24 hours Monday to Friday:
How do I book a table?
If you are coming to stay with us your booking now includes a delicious breakfast, dinner, elevenses and a glass of English wine at 5pm.
Because we have taken some tables out of the Dining room and need to close the Dining room and Bar at 11pm it is more important than ever to book your table and keep to your booking time. This is to ensure that everyone is provided with the very best level of service and so we can apply safe physical distancing for everyone. Please note that you must book for every time you want to eat – breakfast, lunch and dinner and the time that you have booked is the time that you need to be sitting at your table. If you are late it may not be possible to serve you even if you are staying with us.
You are free to finish your drink after 11pm in the Sitting room or Snug and of course you are most welcome to return to your bedroom with a bottle or preferred night cap.
All special events are pre-paid as spaces are limited.
Special Event bookings can be cancelled or transferred up to 1 week prior to the event with no charge.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking due to Covid-19 within this 1-week period we will transfer your booking to another suitable date, either at the time of the cancellation or at a time which suits you.
Any cancellations within the 1-week period that are not as a direct result of Covid-19 will be charged in full.
If we are required to close the Gallivant for a period of time due to Covid-19 bookings will be transferred or cancelled at no charge.
Is the mini spa open?
Yes, and it’s very busy. So busy in fact that we would recommend you book a treatment at the same time you book your stay. We only have one treatment room, so it gets booked up very quickly.
Health and wellbeing at The Gallivant
The health and wellbeing of our team and all our guests is of paramount importance to us. We react immediately to government guidelines as they evolve, and our Leaders team are incredibly diligent at ensuring any new safety procedures are strictly maintained and adapted by all as needed. We call this our Integrated Safety Approach.
Our Integrated Safety Approach is founded on multiple Covid-19 risk assessments that have enabled us to produce a new Standard Operating Procedure – SOP for short, that covers every aspect and area of the property and ensures we are consistently doing everything reasonably possible to keep things safe for all.
Every member of the team is thoroughly trained on this SOP and it is updated when either we believe we can improve it, or we are required to do so by legislation.
This is a joint effort and we respectfully ask all our guests to help us help everyone keep everything safe. A lot of it is common sense and obvious, like wearing masks in public areas, avoiding all person to person contact, washing hands frequently and using the (lovely) hand sanitiser we have freely available all around the house.
What you will see:
- When you arrive we will take your temperature and run through some of the safety procedures we ask everyone to follow
- Contactless check-in and check-out
- We have an incredibly rigorous set of cleaning procedures and you will see visible cleaning stations. If you would like us to re-sanitise any surface just ask and one of the team will gladly do it
- Sanitiser outside the front door and scattered around the house. Please get into the habit of using these frequently
- All of us are wearing masks, we would ask you to do the same when not seated and drinking or eating
- Fewer tables in the Dining room to ensure physical distancing
- Single use menus that are discarded after use, always
- Wine, Bar, Gallivant and Locals guides that are rotated daily to ensure they are kept clean
- No breakfast buffet but instead a really lovely A la carte breakfast from the kitchen, served to you wherever you want it
- Check-in after 4pm and check-out before 11am so we have more time to deep clean every bedroom
What you won’t see:
- All team members are temperature checked on arrival
- We have hand sanitiser at our staff/ delivery entrance and also in all back of house staff areas
- We have increased our housekeeping budget so that our team can take their time to deliver enhanced bedroom cleaning procedures
- We have strict back of house guidelines so our team may only go into their designated work areas
- Our teams may only take breaks in department bubbles to minimise contact with others
- We clean the Summer House between classes, this includes sanitising mats and surfaces
- We have allocated longer in between spa treatments and at the end of day so that our therapists can follow enhanced cleaning measures
- We follow a strict Food Safety Management system and no staff or suppliers may enter the kitchen unless they are part of the kitchen or serving team
- Our linen, towels and napkins are laundered off site at over 60 degrees
- All crockery, glassware and silverware are washed in commercial washers over 60 degrees
- We display advisory documents and posters back of house to promote good hand washing, respiratory hygiene and social distancing
- We have an action plan, in line with PHE policies, to follow in the event of a suspected C-19 case