There’s nothing like going away on a Sunday. It feels quite decadent to be heading off when everyone else is preparing for the week ahead.
Come for Sunday lunch and we’ll store your bags and place them in your room. You can then spend the afternoon having a snooze in one of our armchairs near the fire or gallivanting on the beach opposite us.
Tea is served with our compliments at 4pm, with something freshly baked from the kitchen to enjoy. Afterwards perhaps a relaxing massage or facial in our Spa? – Pre booking is essential.
The kitchen opens at 6pm for dinner, but a drink on one of our gorgeous leather stools is the perfect start, before sitting down to enjoy a candlelit dinner in our dining room. A coffee and a late night tipple in the Snug as the night draws, before heading off to the land of nod….
Breakfast is a handsome affair, lots of home made things to try, if not home made, sourced from very nearby and a delicious selection of items cooked in the kitchen for people with bigger appetites.
There’s even a Recovery Station with endless Bloody Mary’s if you’re feeling that way inclined. And then it’s farewell until we see each other again.
ONE NIGHT ESCAPE DETAILS
- One night stay in one of our lovely rooms
- An £35/person allowance to be used in the dining room against your food bill (drinks not included)
- Tea and homemade cake at 4pm
- Cooked breakfast in the morning
- Endless Bloody Mary’s at the Recovery Station
- Complimentary filtered water and fresh local fruit
Sunday night only
From £174 for two sharing a Garden room
Stay an additional night (Monday) from £258
To make a booking please email here or if you would prefer call 01797 225 057
Sunday supper (typical)
Pigs cheek croquette, celeriac remoulade and apple
Crispy squid and kimchi salad
Ham hock terrine, piccalilli
Hand picked crab, heritage tomato and fennel
Courgette, goats cheese mousse, roasted hazelnuts (v)
Uig smoked salmon
Whole dover sole, pink fir potatoes, beurre blanc
Dungeness cod, foraged sea vegetables, pickled tomato and garlic croutons
Iron age pork chop, Duke of York mash, sauce jardinère
Romney salt marsh lamb, confit potatoes, broccoli
Charred cauliflower, cannellini bean, onion bhaji (v)
Roasted crown of grouse, caramelised onion, charred hispi
Salted caramel tart, Northiam yoghurt sorbet, candied lemon
Chocolate mousse with gritting cherries
English artisan cheese with walnut bread
Things to do
- – Relax, put your feet up and let the world go by in the Snug
- – Read a good book in one of our armchairs near the fire
- – Organise a treatment in our Beach Hut mini spa
- – Sit at the bar and work your way through our extensive gin selection
- – Gallivant on the beach and blow away the cobwebs ready for dinner
- – Snooze in front a good film in your bedroom
- – Go and visit Dungeness or Rye