There’s nothing like going away on a Sunday. It feels quite decadent to be heading off when everyone else is preparing for the week ahead.
Come for Sunday lunch and we’ll store your bags and place them in your room. You can then spend the afternoon having a snooze in one of our armchairs near the fire or gallivanting on the beach opposite us.
Tea is served with our compliments at 4pm, with something freshly baked from the kitchen to enjoy. Afterwards perhaps a relaxing massage or facial in our Spa? – Pre booking is essential.
The kitchen opens at 6pm for dinner, but a drink on one of our gorgeous leather stools is the perfect start, before sitting down to enjoy a candlelit dinner in our dining room. A coffee and a late night tipple in the Snug as the night draws, before heading off to the land of nod….
Breakfast is a handsome affair, lots of home made things to try, if not home made, sourced from very nearby and a delicious selection of items cooked in the kitchen for people with bigger appetites.
There’s even a Recovery Station with endless Bloody Mary’s if you’re feeling that way inclined. And then it’s farewell until we see each other again.
ONE NIGHT ESCAPE DETAILS
- One night stay in one of our lovely rooms
- An £35/person allowance to be used in the dining room against your food bill (drinks not included)
- Tea and homemade cake at 4pm
- Cooked breakfast in the morning
- Endless Bloody Mary’s at the Recovery Station
- Complimentary filtered water and fresh local fruit
Sunday night only
From £202 for two sharing a Garden room
To make a booking please email here or if you would prefer call 01797 225 057
Sunday supper (typical)
Uig Lodge smoked salmon 10
Butternut squash soup, sherry vinegar, salted almond 6
Rock a Nore mackerel, caramelised onion, charred gem lettuce 7
Pig cheek croquette, celeriac remoulade and apple 7
Golden cross goats’ cheese, beetroot, parmesan and poppy seed twist 8
Ham hock terrine, piccalilli 7
28 day aged onglet steak, rosemary fries, roast tomato 24
Dungeness cod, salt baked celeriac, cavolo nero, clam and pancetta dressing 24
Romney Marsh lamb, butternut squash and roasted garlic gnocchi 22
Roast partridge, black pudding, dauphinoise and red cabbage 18
Pearl barley risotto, caramelised parsnips, swiss chard and wild mushrooms (v) 17
Pan roast gurnard, bouillabaisse, mussels and saffron aioli
Salted caramel tart, Northiam yoghurt sorbet, candied lemon 7.5
Chocolate mousse with griottine cherries 8
Dengate Farm apples, gingerbread, rosemary ice cream 7.5
Affogato, brandy ice cream 6
Poached Kent rhubarb, vanilla yoghurt, almond biscuit 7.5
English artisan cheese with walnut bread 9
Things to do
- – Relax, put your feet up and let the world go by in the Snug
- – Read a good book in one of our armchairs near the fire
- – Organise a treatment in our Beach Hut mini spa
- – Sit at the bar and work your way through our extensive gin selection
- – Gallivant on the beach and blow away the cobwebs ready for dinner
- – Snooze in front a good film in your bedroom
- – Go and visit Dungeness or Rye